I have been quite derelict in updating in recent months. I must admit some of this has been due to a very busy schedule. However, I have also been rethinking how this blog could work. When I started this, my hope was to have a collection of stores that were open to sharing information about where their clothes were made. I started out on a good note and had some very positive responses.
Then came the stumbling blocks:
- companies who needed to be repeatedly badgered until they responded
- companies who failed to respond to ANY sort of communication
- companies who used jargon and danced around the issues without really taking responsibility
- companies who only partially responded
- and finally companies who seem to have a great policy but….
Honestly this last one is what has got me. I have NO WAY to check, no way to verify. How useful is this work if I cannot make sure, when I do get a response, that a company is telling the truth. Over the week I will be posting some articles that highlight this. I will also be looking at where to take this blog in the future.